New Champion Roles
The following are the new Champion roles:
Fighters - Durable, almost exclusively melee damage dealers.
- Enforcers - Fighters with a high-impact engage, and often pose a persistent lock-down threat.
- Juggernauts - Immobile fighters that are an exceptional damage threat at short range.
- Skirmishers - Fighters with strong sticking potential, often described as duelists or melee carries.
Slayers - Fragile damage dealers.
- Artillery - Slayers with ranged damage that reaches BEHIND the front-line.
- Bombardiers - Slayers that bombard the enemy front line with damage, also known as "poke champions".
- Mages - Slayers that deal burst damage at range, by contrast to a Ranger's consistent damage. Almost all mages feature self-enabling crowd control and their damage is almost always area of effect.
- Rangers - Slayers that deal continuous damage from range. Physical rangers are better known as "Marksmen".
- Reapers - Slayers that excel at reaching and killing priority targets, with an emphasis on reaching. The Assassin class was renamed to disassociate agile damage dealers from champions that can instakill a target (i.e. "assassinate").
Supports - Champions that are focused on enabling allies.
- Disruptors - Supports that focus on locking down the enemy.
- Enchanters - Supports that focus on empowering their allies with shields, heals or other effects.
- Wardens - Supports that focus on intercepting damage and enemies from their allies.
Specialists - The "Other" category, with champions that focus primarily on PVE or avoiding-PVP.
- Defense - Champions that specialize at holding positions.
- Demos - Champions that specialize at taking down structures.
- Poachers - Champions that specialize at securing jungle objectives, with an emphasis on securing (i.e. in contest with an enemy). This subclass is not for champions who can survive in the jungle.
- Saboteurs - Champions that specialize in creating traps and area of denial. Soft-Disruptors, in the sense of utilizing non-CC to control the enemy.